Sunday, August 14, 2011

Simple.

In character, in manner, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

So, yesterday was my birthday :)! I am 29! (jk) It was a wonderfully simple day. Guess what I wanted to do? Watch the sweet gardner trim my trees! Yes, I am a very exciting person!

My dear friend, Judy, took me for lunch and we went to the outlets. However we both love to do "things" to our house and garden, that we didn't want to stray far or do too long a lunch. So we just wandered around my yard and oohed and ahhed! (It had been a very long time since I have had the appropriate maintance in my yard, with lots of humongous trees)

My daughter and I laughed about what makes me happy/a dream day, that I decided to do my blog about it. I didn't want a fancy dinner in a restaurant (although I do love that here and there) I wanted to be home with my parents, kiddo's and sis and her family. Simply awesome.

Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify. Henry David Thoreau

Less is more. Robert Browning
I loved all of these inspiringly simple window boxes & potted plants...


I thought I'd finish with this simple arrangement of ferns. It looks so pretty to have just a little "fresh" in the middle of the table, especially in a glass vase with water. Of course, a few little votives makes it just perfect and charming! Simple pleasures really make us all the happiest! (can I say that?) Psalm 116 5&6: The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion. The Lord protects the simplehearted....
I hope you have a simply wonderful evening with those you love!
ox

 photo signature_zps72c1a2bc.png

0 comments :

Post a Comment