Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving: Thankful for my children






I am so
thank-ful for
my entire family!
This thanksgiving I'm going to highlight the kids when they were little....for I am so thankful for that time, home with them.

My friends and I were chatting the other day about how during the diaper stage it seemed like the days were so long, and that sometimes I didn't get a shower until 4pm! How quickly it goes, and wow, how old do I sound?

I snapped my fingers (actually I didn't even have time) and suddenly Hannah is 17 and looking into what college she will go to! I am so thankful for all of those years I have had with both my kids, and how thankful I am to have been at home with them, for all those memorable and ordinary moments. Sometimes when I have been working down in my office, and one of the kids has needed me and showed up to my desk with tears in their eyes, I am so cognitive of how much I love them and how much I would love to protect them from any pain. As the "mother bear" instincts can come out at any time, but especially when the kids have been hurt, I realize if I love my kids this much, how much must God love them?

I am so tremendously thankful for my children and their faith. I am thankful that God is watching down on my children, minute by minute, and loving them, even more than I. I am thankful for my faith that allows complete trust that God has a plan for them, and that prayer will lead them to that path! The more I concentrate on those truths, the more thankful I am, the more peace-filled, the more joy-filled, the more God-focused I am.

My faith took another "step-up" I call it (You know when you are climbing up a water-fall sized staircase with really tall steps?, like when hiking? ) (Yes, I do hike) when my daughter got her drivers license and drove to school with her 13 year old brother, a 25 minute drive. Ok, God, they are your kids and I trust you! I am so thankful, this Thanksgiving for that trust!

May your thanksgiving be filled with the peace & joy that comes from that trust!
God Bless You & Yours,
Roxanne






From the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. If your heart is full of love, you will speak of love. I want you to fill your hearts with great love. Don’t imagine that love, to be true and burning, must be extraordinary. No; what we need in our love is the continuous desire to love the One we love. Mother Teresa, No Greater Love, p. 27-28
Joy is the simplest form of gratitude. Karl Barth
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Proverbs 4:23 (KJV) (Guard your heart & home)
 photo signature_zps72c1a2bc.png

0 comments :

Post a Comment