Friday, October 21, 2011

Friends that Inspire

While having an "inspiring" lunch with my dear, dear friend Lori (who I could say is suffering from her second round with Cancer/chemo/etc..--more on that) yesterday I made a confession: That when I was younger when I could tell someone didn't like me I'd try really hard to change their mind. We agreed that now we move on quickly only choosing to be with people who are "light" and "inspiring". We agreed that whether it be age (40) or wisdom, God has given us true blessing...

I met Lori in Paris, above, while we studied at the Sorbonne! I am dedicating this blog to her (and all who are reading who have any kind of illness or are caring for a loved one who is ill) because yesterday, 26 years after meeting, she so inspires me with her strength and love! I said above that she was "suffering" with cancer, but really she is not. Although, she does admit the week after the "chemo cleanse" (as she has reframed it so it sounds more like a spa treatment and to wash the cancer out) she throws up and feels really icky.

So, today I am celebrating her strength, light and love and our long friendship. I celebrate her "real" outlook on life, yet her determination to see the element to celebrate in everything. She lives her life according to Philippians 4:8, my favorite verse....Think on these things!!!
She goes in for her last "Chemo Cleanse" next week.... Yea.
Beautiful (She is the center) on the outside, she is 100X more beautiful inside. She looks as elegant with her pretty scarf and big comfy sweater yesterday, because her sweet spirit shows through lighting up the room, radiantly!

At her 40th birthday, above.

Side note: Lynch family...at our wedding. Tom is now on Inspired's Board, Cornelia is like a mentor to me...and the girls have kids of their own, who Hannah loves. We celebrate every labor day with them still. Little Christopher our "Ring Bear" now is in a successful band "Gardens&Villa" touring!!!

At the wedding, Lori right side, Lynch twins in front. Amazingly I still see and love these girls as much today as I did then! (one i can't find)

At a wedding shower in Laguna, celebrating love! (and friendship)

At my 30th birthday, with Lori pregnant :)

At the wedding shower that Lori gave me! My mom says about Lori, "She is the most beautiful person inside and out, I have never heard her say an unkind word about anybody!..."
So my dear blogger pals, will you pray for Lori next week that the "Cleanse" gets every last bit out, and that the next part of the journey is all fun.
Between Laura Sharpe's Helicopter story and Lori's journey with "C" I consider myself so privileged to call these women my friends!!!

The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure she carries, or the way she combs her hair.
The beauty of a woman must be seen from her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.
…true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the beauty of a woman with passing years—only grows." Sam Levenson

 photo signature_zps72c1a2bc.png

0 comments :

Post a Comment